Submitting your ACT Homework Test or Practice Test essays can be a new experience for some. This article will give you a step-by-step method to correctly submitting your essay on the Student Dashboard.
Converting your essay to a PDF can be done in a few ways:
- A scanner is the easiest way (but who has access to a scanner, right?).
- A free app called CamScanner. Take a picture of each page using this app and it will convert your picture files (aka JPEGs) to PDFs and combine them as well.
- The "old school" way. Take a picture of each page and email them to yourself. Go to combinepdf.com and upload the files. This free website will convert, combine, and compress your file. Save this file to your computer.
Here's a video of how to convert pictures of your essay to a PDF using combinepdf.com:
Here are the steps you need to complete to correctly submit your essay to the Student Dashboard:
- Once you have prepared your file, navigate to either the Homework or Practice Test section of the Student Dashboard.
- Click Submit Essay under the appropriate test. For example, if you are submitting the essay for Homework Test 1, then go to the Homework Section and click Submit Essay under Homework Test 1.
- Click Choose File and select your essay from your program files.
- Once uploaded, a preview of the essay will appear. Please verify it is the correct essay and all pages are clear.
- Click Submit at the bottom (please just once!). When the essay has been submitted, the Submit Essay button will now say Essay Submitted.
Here's a video showing you how to submit an essay:
Even if you don't plan to complete the essay for your official ACT, essays are key when it comes to your ACT course.
Without submitting the corresponding essay along with your practice test, your weekly practice tests are like unfinished puzzles missing a crucial piece.
Your practice test will be considered incomplete if the essay is not submitted!